Standard and Every Other Week Shares
These shares include a set selection of fresh organic vegetables at every pickup. Members can choose to pickup every week for 21 weeks with the standard share, or every other week over 20 weeks for a total of 10 shares with the every other week option. Each share has between 6 and 8 vegetables in the early season and between 8 and 12 in the later part. Each share is designed to feel plentiful, but not overwhelming for households that enjoy eating fresh vegetables. For an idea of what to expect, take a look at photos of our past shares. More details and the sign up form are in the CSA brochure.
Most of our members pickup right at Troy Gardens (500 Troy Drive) on Thursday evenings from 4:00 to 6:30 PM. The Troy Gardens pickup is unique because members pack their own shares from the market style display and often have choices about which specific varieties or even which types of vegetables go into their shares. Pickups for 2013 start on Thursday, 30 May and end on Thursday, 17 October. If members miss the time slot from 4:00 to 6:30 PM, shares are available on our farmer's porch right down the road from the farm from 7:00 PM on Thursday to 6:00 AM on Friday.
For those members who wish to pickup on the westside, we have a drop site at a member's house on the corner of North Prospect and Chadbourne Avenues. This site is a more traditional style where members pickup pre-packed shares. The westside pickup is on Fridays from 3:00 to 7:00 PM starting on 31 May and ending on 18 October.
Market Share - sold out for 2013
Our market share is a variation on the traditional CSA. Members purchase a market share in the spring and then get credits for use at the farm stand throughout the season. Members may come to any or all pick-ups and select as much or as little as they need from the vegetable selection. This share option can be good for members who eat fewer vegetables or are away for extended periods during the summer. Please take a look at the market share brochure to find out more.
Why Join Troy Community Farm?
- Fresh, Madison-grown, certified organic produce
- Weekly Urban Roots CSA newsletter with farm stories, cooking tips, and recipes
- CSA flower and herb garden where members can harvest flowers and fresh herbs at no extra cost
- Farm stand-type display where members select and pack their own vegetables from the weekly harvest
- Contact with the farmers and others who help grow the food at every pick-up
- Custom order crops for canning, freezing, and end-of-season storage, including honey from our own Troy Community Farm bees