Through their partnership with the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Community GroundWorks has hosted a number of research projects. Graduate students from the University have studied topics such as:
- Changes in attitudes and behavior among individuals that join Troy CSA and how those changes relate to CSA membership renewal
- Cover crop and soil amendment trials at Troy Community Farm
- Improving soil infiltration capacity to restore the hydrological cycle in disturbed landscapes
- Motives and values of adults who play roles in the creation and maintenance of educational gardens for youth
- Tree inventory at Troy Gardens (2008)
Each of these projects was designed in collaboration with the Community GroundWorks staff so that the results not only benefited the students and academic community, but also provided valuable information and products for the organization itself. To learn more about each of these projects click on the links above.
Please recognize that these projects, Web pages, and associated documents are the products of someone’s hard work. Please do not duplicate or use them without proper citation, which is: Author. Year. Title. Web site address (date viewed).