Title: Seasonal/LTE - Natural Areas Apprentice
Location: Community GroundWorks, 500 Troy Drive
Hourly Rate: $7.25
Duration: 75 hrs, Approximately June 16th - August 31st, 9AM - 12PM
Mondays and Thursdays, occasional weekend hours, time off available when requested
Job Description: 75 hour Summer Apprenticeship for High School students. These positions will provide field assistance for the Natural Areas Program at Community GroundWorks. This includes trail maintenance, invasive species removal, watering new plants, basic tree care, and working with volunteers and team members.
Applicants should be able to lift up to 30 lbs. This position will involve working closely with the Natural Areas Assistant
Requirements: No experience working in Natural Areas necessary. Successful candidates will have enthusiasm for working outdoors, be eager to learn new skills, work well in a team and individually on projects, willingness to work outdoors in hot or rainy weather and be reliable.
Application Deadline: May 21st, 2014
To apply, please email an Application to: Becky Andresen, Becky@communitygroundworks.org
Application should include:
- Phone Number
- Grade in School
- Two References (can be teachers, pastors, employers, etc.)
And answers to the following questions (up to two pages double spaced):
- Why are you interested in being an apprentice?
- What skills do you have that would make you a successful apprentice?
- Please give examples of how you use these skills at school or in the community. Examples of skills include being on time, a good listener, following directions well, meeting deadlines, leadership skills, and enthusiasm for learning.
- What do you hope to learn from this experience?