Individual Volunteer Program
To become a Community GroundWorks volunteer please download and fill out our volunteer application. Send in the application to the address indicated on the bottom of the form. The programs below are in need of volunteers; please indicate your areas of volunteer preference on the form.
Troy Natural Areas
- Prune, mulch, and water our fruit trees
- Maintain and improve the edible landscape
- Work on restoration of a maple woodland strip and a four-acre prairie
- Participate in regular educational opportunities
Troy Community Farm
- Join us at our open volunteer day at the farm Friday mornings from mid-May to late-October for weeding, planting, harvesting, and more
Youth Gardening Programs
- Help maintain the Troy Kids' Garden and assist with gardening, nature education, cooking and art activities for children from community centers and schools. Please note: Kids' Garden volunteer needs have been met for 2013.
- Work with youth in our teen farming program; join the crew for planting, weeding, mulching and harvesting
- Help us plan our annual Savor the Summer Festival and other fundraising events
- Join a committee of our board of directors: fund development, communications, site management, or an advisory committee
Service Learning for Community Groups and Schools
Our programs are great for schools and community groups looking for service learning opportunities. Join us to harvest food for the hungry, maintain our gardens, remove invasive species, plant trees, and more!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 240-0409 to learn more about volunteering or service learning opportunities.